Caps, gowns and hoods will be available at the University Bookstore beginning April 2nd. Seniors can reserve a cap and gown for pick up at the bookstore by placing an online order here. If you choose to pre-order a cap and gown online, orders must be placed by March 1st. For questions, contact the bookstore at (617) 627-3468.
All graduates are requested to wear the traditional cap and gown. Students may purchase them at the University Bookstore. Rentals are not available. The prices are approximately:
- Bachelor’s gown, cap, tassel, and announcement package, $57.98;
- Master’s gown, cap, tassel, $49.98;
- Master’s hood, $37.98;
- PhD gown, cap, tassel, $60.98.
Custom Regalia Orders (prices range depending on the fabric chosen):
- Masters Students: Black gowns ($183 – $330); Hood ($119 – $152); Cap ($37 – $40)
- PhD Students: Black gowns ($367 – $521); Hood ($152 – $181–but usually is provided by school); Tam ($88)
Custom Tufts Blue and Brown PhD Regalia (order by March 19th): Gown $660; Hood $152 (usually provided by the school); Tam $88.
The bookstore will be hosting Senior Days on Wednesday, April 2, and Thursday, April 3, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. You can pick up caps and gowns, diploma frames, graduation announcements, graduation rings and other Commencement items. For more information, call 1-800-627-3468 or visit the bookstore web site at http://tufts.bkstore.com.
The American Council on Education provides useful information and guidelines on how to choose and properly display academic regalia for commencement.